Thursday, December 14, 2006

Google Guy Gives Goosebumps

I was attending a simultaneous meeting of Interchange to hear a colleague speak, so I couldn't attend the December 13 Ad Club event featuring Grady Burnett of Google. But it looks like I might not have found a chair--nearly 200 of you showed up.

Good thing the Grand Rapids Press covered the event. And, unlike TV 8 a few months ago, the Press gets that Google's outpost in Michigan is about advertising, not computer science. I get excited thinking about the possibilities.

Witness my earlier post about local ad pros perhaps setting the course for the industry in the future, as opposed to folks on either coast, and you see why I get excited about Google being in our state. Even though they don't plan a physical presence in West Michigan, a lot of our local pros and students have a good shot at getting involved in the next big things in advertising, whatever they turn out to be.

No comments: