Wednesday, May 16, 2007

MySpace for PR

I got an email from Katie Payne about a new social media site for PR. I have met Katie at Institute for PR and PRSA national events, but it would be a stretch to say we're close. Nevertheless, I was intrigued by her email about a new site by Ragan Communications that is being called the "MySpace for PR professionals."

I've been intrigued by the whole social media phenomenon, so I decided to check it out. I can see some value in joining, so I did. I don't know if I want to troll pictures and add "friends" like my students do on the real MySpace. But there are various groups to join, forums to read and contribute to, and other features that could be useful.

If you're interested in joining the virtual PR community, check out the site:

http://www.myragan.com/

No comments: