Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Social and Collaboration Seen As Trends

In a follow-up to the previous post, I had an email conversation with Craig Clark, of Clark Communications. He's just hired a young staff member, Christen Oliveto of GVSU (a student of mine). He believes young people have an advantage over some veteran communication professionals.

"I'm noticing that many area firms are beginning to embrace social media tools and recent graduates seem to be most in touch with that with regard to functionality."


Clark, who started his firm by collaborating with other small firms and sole practitioners, has continued to work this way, even responding to RFPs by collaborative effort.

"I think you're going to see more collaboration among independent and small PR agency professionals in 2009," he says. "I'm involved in several networking groups, which allows me to staff the client project with the best person, not just who is available from my staff roster."

No comments: