Tuesday, February 10, 2009

West Michigan PRSA Launches New Site

I was impressed this morning when I got my WMPRSA e-newsletter and clicked on the link to the new WMPRSA.org site to check it out. Here are things I like (with some thoughts for the hard-working volunteers once they catch their breath):

  • crisp user-oriented design
  • photos
  • social media links (I hope Twitter and maybe a group blog on the site  is coming soon)
  • definition of public relations--the same way I teach my students and taught the APR prep course. This will help the chapter's local efforts to advocate for the profession (it would be good in this context to add a link the to the PRSA Code of Ethics)
  • links to local media and PR firms
  • a student section
I'll definitely be alerting my students to the site (as I have in the past) as another way for them to familiarize themselves with the profession and the PRSA organization.

No comments: